Foodscapes - Passing the Knowledge
Central Hawke’s Bay is welcoming an exposition festival, Foodscapes, showcasing amazing experts in the field of sustainable growing and preserving, regenerative farming and biodiversity, that will include a wide variety of workshops demonstrations, short documentaries, and an opportunity to engage in the field hands on.
* Register for the full weekend. Choose from nine workshop options on the Saturday morning, hear from four keynote speakers on Saturday afternoon, and on Sunday - tour around six local sustainable gardens and regenerative farms. From garden to plate, delectable food will be available throughout the day.
* Watch, listen and get involved with the experts and talented green fingers as they share their vast knowledge in everything from distilling, pickling, sustainable waste management. On the Sunday, be prepared to get your hands dirty as you tour local regenerative farms, lavender gardens, marae to explore ancient traditions, and more interactive hands-on experience.
Ticket type: Full Weekend
Saturday and Sunday, includes access to register for 9 workshops on the Saturday, as well as register for 6 Sundays Exploratory Garden and Farm Trails. All Saturday sessions are at the Otane Town Hall and Otane Arts Centre. Ticketholders should meet at the Otane Town Hall at 8.30am to pick up their information packs. Sunday is a self drive day in the Otane & Waipawa area.
Ticket type: Saturday afternoon only
At the Otane Town Hall. Includes access to amazing keynote speakers - Dr David Bergen and Anna Clifford (CEO of Eat NZ), short films from Happen Films NZ and opportunity to participate in the Foodscapes Art Mural. There will also be local producers selling their products as well as food and drink options throughout the day.
Check out the Workshops on offer below, then purchase your ticket
For further information, you can also check out the Foodscapes Facebook page
Full list of Saturday Workshops include;
1. Preserving the Harvest
2. The World of Alpaca & Wool Spinning and Farming
3. Distilling – Perfume of indigenous forest
4. Distilling – Medicinal
5. Distilling – Edible
6. Snip and Cut - Pruning
7. Health and Wellbeing with Herbs and Food
8. Which way is up?
9. Foodscape Art Mural Workshop (FREE, open all day)
When choosing your workshops, please take note of the timeslots and only select one workshop per timeslot.
Full list of Saturday keynote speakers include;
1. Angela Clifford - CEO Eat New Zealand
2. Dr David Bergin - Director of Environmental Restoration
3. Francesco Van Eerd - Creator of Fragrifert Perfumery
4. Haana Wilcox - Kai Oranga teacher - Mataweka Marae
Full list of Sunday Exploratory Garden and Farm Trail includes;
1. Tukituki River Lavender Gardens
2. Millstream Gardens
3. Riverstones Retreat
4. Mangarara Regenerative Farm
5. Mataweka Marae, Waipawa
6. Raydenes Alpaca and Wool Farm
Please note Sunday is a self-drive day. Full address details will be provided in your information pack, which you collect on Saturday morning.